About this qualification
The NCFE Level 1 Award in Introduction to Fire Safety for the Workplace has been accredited by the qualifications regulators for England, Wales, and Northern Ireland,1 and is part of the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF). This qualification forms part of a suite of qualifications that have been developed to provide learners in the workplace with a basic understanding of fire safety.
This qualification has been regulated for use in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland. We’re able to provide the qualification specification and assessment materials in the Welsh and/or Irish language where requested and appropriate.
Things you need to know
- Qualification number (QN): 601/5650/8
- Aim reference: 60156508
- Guided learning hours (GLH): 7
- Credit value: 1
- Assessment requirements: externally set and assessed the multiple-choice question paper.
Aims and objectives of this qualification
This qualification aims to:
- provide learners with a basic introduction to fire safety for the workplace.
The objective of this qualification is to help learners to:
- develop a basic understanding of how fires can be prevented and controlled in a workplace environment.
- understand duties and responsibilities relating to fire safety in the workplace.
Achieving this qualification
To be awarded the NCFE Level 1 Award in Introduction to Fire Safety for the Workplace, learners are required to successfully complete one mandatory unit. To achieve the NCFE Level 1 Award in Introduction to Fire Safety for the Workplace, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the unit as detailed in this qualification specification. Grades are not awarded.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 7 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes